Vilnius College of Technologies and Design
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design is an institution of higher education offering around twenty full-time study programmes in design, civil engineering, technical sciences, and transportation, partial studies thorough exchange programs, as well as informal study courses and training.
Studies focus on practical activities and enable students to acquire a specialized background and achieve a professional bachelor's degree. In addition to receiving real expertise, students also become part of an active and creative future generation of professionals with the initiative to compete on the Lithuanian and European labor market.
Therefore, we maintain close relations with our partners in Lithuania and abroad and with other establishments of higher education; we continuously update our study programmes, improve the qualifications of our teaching staff and upgrade our training facilities. We also ensure that our students enjoy the best possible training and living conditions – we have modernized our library, set up language and distance learning centers, and renovated our dormitories.
We currently have over 3500 students and 350 professors and staff members. We look forward to welcoming you to our friendly team!
- A leader in
in preparing professional, European-standard-compliant engineering and design field practitioners; Lithuania
- A higher education institution that fosters a learning organization culture, where lecturers and students set ambitious professional development goals and contribute to the development of a sustainable society through their implementation;
- An entrepreneurial institution that sustains close cooperation with social partners and provides professional services to business.
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design is your partner in creating a sustainable society!
We prepare responsible specialists – members of the sustainable society – in the fields of engineering and design.
We make the results of our scientific research and development of technologies accessible and valuable to business and the general public.
We seek to consolidate our status as a higher education institution where people are given opportunity to realize their potential, where social welfare is created and environmental responsibility is fostered.
Being focused on the welfare of our College students, staff and partners and realizing our role in the Lithuanian education system prompted us to make sustainable society our development policy.
We are contributing to the development of a sustainable society in three dimensions:
- Social dimension – by fostering general skill of specialists prepared by our College, promoting self-expression and participation in societal activities.
- Ecologic dimension – by focusing the content of the study programs and applied scientific research on environmental protection, rational use of natural resources and other elements of sustainable ecologic environment.
- Economic dimension – by ensuring quality of education and graduates’ skill compliance with the needs of the labor market, making scientific achievements accessible and valuable to business and the general public.
The core values that we embrace are:
- Academic ethics
- Social responsibility
The origin of Vilnius College of Technologies and Design was the integration of Vilnius Technical College into Vilnius College of Construction and Design. It is a state institution of higher education.
The College of Technologies and Design consists of 4 faculties: the Civil Engineering Faculty, the Design Faculty, the Petras Vileisis of Railway Transportation Faculty, and the Technical Faculty. They boast over 4,000 students and 400 professors and other staff members.
The College of Technologies and Design prepares highly-qualified specialists able to work successfully throughout Lithuania and the European Union. The strategies of Livelong Learning and attitudes of constantly renewed studying apply here. The quality of specialist preparation is ever-increasing to meet the growing competitiveness of the labor market.
Vilnius College of Technologies and Design participates in international projects, cooperates with partners in Lithuania and similar institutions of higher education abroad. The College of Technologies and Design is a member of the European Association for International Education (EAIE), Universities of Applied Sciences network (UASnet), and the European Association of Institutions in Higher Education (EURASCHE).